Thursday, January 25, 2007

Working in Switzerland...

After nearly 4 months of work in Switzerland I'd like to share my work and company-related experiences. First of all, I consider myself very lucky to be working in the Solutions department with a nice and vveeery international team.

Although universities usually don’t offer many courses in logistics, I realized here that it’s quite an important and interesting field of economics. Working as a Solutions Analyst, I learned how to use different IT tools to map and optimize our warehouse allocation all over Europe. I feel like I’ve developed my knowledge in logistics quite well, moreover I’ve learned how to use as simple tools as Excel or Access for cost-optimization or strategic decision-making.

But besides my professional development I have also learned how to adapt and interact with people in a fully international environment, how to organize my life in a new country and to face all the up-coming issues.

Of course it’s not easy traveling 3 hours daily to Biel and back to Zurich and getting home at 8 in the evening, but I really don’t mind, since I like my job and my colleagues very much… besides I have also learned how to use best my travel time (e.g. to develop my German by reading the daily newspaper, to organize photos or make travel plans - - - you can not imagine how many things can be arranged while sitting in the train!)

And finally I’ve got my B PERMIT today! That means, I DO NOT need a visa to visit my own home country any more and I WILL BE ABLE finally to get my train passes, health insurance and credit card!!!
Krisztina

No comments: