Friday, August 03, 2007

Why is the 31st of July my favorite day?

Simply because that's my birthday and I love getting presents (who doesn't?). In Switzerland I am especially lucky to having it right before the Swiss National Day, thus I get an extra holiday to fully enjoy it!

My birthday started with a huge surprise: a wonderful bowl of flowers was waiting for me at the reception, when I arrive to the office – and no sign about the sender ! (Later on, I figured out that my brother surprised me with that, but the note attached fell down by mistake) Afterwards I received congratulations, birthday cards and small presents from my colleagues’ side.
In the evening, we celebrated with a nice dinner, a bottle of champagne and my favorite blackberry cake:
I could hardly wait to open my presents! Zoli surprised me with a beautiful watch and a ticket for a real adventure: paragliding in Interlaken, the most beautiful region in Switzerland! I was looking forward super excited to the next day ... luckily it’s been a wonderful summer day, sunshine and clear weather, just perfect to admire the landscape from a height of about 1000 meters. We’ve been flying in tandem, with a professional pilot, for about 15-20 minutes … it’s been reeaaally amazing, one of the greatest experiences of my life!!!
Feel free to enjoy all our photos at: http://picasaweb.google.com/gulliver.gyenge/Interlaken… and I’ll try to be patient, since there are still 363 days to go until my next birthday :-)

No comments: