Sunday, July 13, 2008

Europa-Meisterschaft 2008 Austria - Switzerland

EM 2008, it was such a long preparation and it went by so fast. Not that I am a big football fan,but still a few games got me fascinated.
So to conclude: a lot of surprises (favorite teams for the title eliminated in the group sections, etc).

The atmosphere was sometimes really nice here in Zurich, mostly peaceful though. The fanmile was quite nice and the Hauptbahnhof was really set in the right mood by the huge statues of players (see picture below).


The end result? Well I consider that (at least based on their performance in the final) the Spanish deserved the title. And they surely knew how to celebrate.

I think I shouldn't write a lot more since there are probably thousands of people who wrote reviews of the EM, who surely know better what are they talking about. So just a few pics of the final from the perspective of the fanmile in ZH.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: